Friday, December 08, 2006

Death of a loved one

Whew...well how do I begin.
I woke up this morning and went downstairs to check on my dad. He's 71 and lives with me. He's been a fighter for as long as I can remember. He's survived two bouts with cancer and a host of other things. But today he lost the battle. I found him in his bathroom slumped over on the sink. This image I will never forget. Almost hate I was the one who found him.

But I started CPR and by the time the paramedics got there, he had good vital signs. Well, his blood pressure was high, but at least he had one. But it turns out that he had a very massive bleed and his prognosis is very poor.

We were up late last night and talked for a long time. He asked me how I was doing and then I reciprocated. He said he felt great. I wonder if he was feeling so good because he knew he was going home.

Of course I have a million things running through my mind and a zillion what-ifs, but I just hope he didn't suffer long. So to all my good people out there, I just want to say: Keep me in your prayers, and go tell everyone that you love just how much you love them. You never know when it will be your last opportunity.

Signing off for a while,

Vee

No comments: